I’m in hand-to-hand combat with an abysmal internet connection.
This is only marginally preferable to no internet connection (i.e. my status for the last couple days).
To catch you up, I’m staying in a little cabin right off the water and shirking all of my primary responsibilities. I’ve come to appreciate that responsibility shirking may be what I was put on this earth to do. That or sleep and have crazy dreams, a skill I possess to a degree that can only be called a gift.
What I was NOT put on this earth to do includes (in no particular order):
- Downhill ski
- Salsa dance
- Keep African Violets alive
- Anything involving staring into people’s open mouths and touching their teeth.
- Work on a chain gang
- Mule drugs across the Mexican border
- Ultimate fight
- Put false eyelashes on other people
- Raise pigeons/squab/any other secret code for ‘pigeon’
- Belly dance
- Teach at clown school
- Wrestle midgets in pudding (learned THAT the hard way!)
- Impersonate Madonna
- Stalk Madonna
- Forge checks drawn on any of Madonna’s bank accounts
- Name hurricanes (although I do feel it’s time we dug into the more ethnic names: Huricanes Beyonce, Cheech, and Plaxico already!)
- Skateboard professionally
- Build a rocket ship that actually works
- Swallow swords
- Swallow fire
- Swallow swallows
- Strip dance
I could go on, but it will get boring, and I care about you too much to do that to you.
However, on the topic of strip dancing, I do have something to share: You see, I remembered something yesterday while I was running in the woods. I’m doing a 12K race on Sunday, and I’ve been running a longer distance than usual – and doing so faster than usual – in the hopes of finishing in under an hour. Thus, I have additional time on my hands with which to think worthless thoughts.