Ten Things Not To Say To Someone With Depression
I saw this headline and – sight unseen (who has time to read such things???) – figured I could make a reasonable contribution in that regard. So here ya go.
Don’t say these at your own risk.
1. Snap out of it. I was depressed once, and then I snapped out of it. It’s easy.
2. Life’s a bitch and then you die.
3. Suck it up.
3. We’re all f*cked anyway.
4. Stop complaining. There are lots of people who have it worse than you.
5. “Am I in your will?” and/or “Can I have that when you’re dead?”
6. You did this to yourself. (i.e. “You made this bed and now you have to lie in it.”)
7. Quit whining.
8. I think you’re faking this ‘depression’ thing for pity. It’s nothing but ‘me, me, me: whine, whine, whine’ with you.
9. Even if you do kill yourself, I bet Hell isn’t as bad as they say.
10. What? Were you talking?
Tags: Cold weather sucks., Depression can be funny...right?, Depression humor., Depression is funny., Every time I log into this thing there's a new Wordpress. Sheesh. Enough already., humorous blog, I am still trying to redesign this blog...with little success., I hate being cold., I have been bad about blogging. If you're okay with these lists maybe we have a new formula?, I kind of wish I lived on the equator. Fall is too cold. This is an old tag but I'm keeping it because the sentiment is still true., I took the dog for a run in what had to be 20 degree weather yesterday and I still can't feel my toes., I used to work with this guy who would say "life's a bitch: you marry one or two and then you die.", It is soooooo cold., It's probably also inadvisable to suggest to a depressed person which bridges might be easiest to jump off., Life, life's a bitch and then you die, me me me, My god I hate winter., Remember the South Park where they decided the statute of limitations was up and AIDS was officially funny? That was funny., Too cold., Too cooooooooold., Winter sucks.