This is what I like to think of as a big deal for many reasons:
1. It is the inauguration of my new blog location and permanent website. If you have a bottle of champagne around, feel free to crack it over your computer monitor in celebration.
2. You’ve proven – not just to me, but to YOURSELF – that you can read and follow directions. Who says you’re no good at reading comprehension? You’re not just good, you’re a rock star!
3. I am now fully committed – or at least for the two years I’ve pre-purchased web hosting – to this little venture and providing entertaining content as often as my little brain will allow.
4. You get to bear firsthand witness to my stab at the seeming impossible – creating a writing career or some kind of (legal?) income stream to support me during the highest unemployment and worst financial outlook in decades. If you have another bottle of champagne lying around, feel free to drink a toast to me! Yay me! Long may I run! And if I pull it off, here’s hoping I inspire and can share some insight to help you to do the same!
5. I will henceforth blog about the things that matter to you – like whether or not Angelina Jolie is pregnant again and if so, is she out of her goddamned mind, dire economic predictions, Sarah Palin and what it would take for her to win Miss Alaska 2009, fuzzy kittens, neo-Nazis and guys that shave their heads and then oil them, quantum physics, and Tibetan food – or I could just stick with the old formula: random sh*t floating around in my head.
6. This welcome message suffices as today’s blog post – albeit not a particular inspiring one – on a day that started with a Bloody Mary (never a good omen for the blog writing).
Welcome and a third round of champagne for us all!